Missing catalogue part after saving. Shows in file directory.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Missing catalogue part after saving. Shows in file directory.

Hi there,

 

I am having trouble getting my part P2-16ND3-1 to show up in the catalog for me to assign to another DI module on another PLC. It shows in the file directory structure, I have saved it multiple times within the interface. I have double checked the Displayed in Catalog is checked, but no luck.

First screenshot shows saving of the DI module P2-16ND3-1 on PLC1 and the second screenshot shows the "Assign from Catalog" dialogue of the DI Module class and the missing part selection.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Hmmm....

Thanks for posting on the forum.

That's weird.

Can you attach that particular catalogue file to a reply so we can look at it?

Thanks in advance.

Sure! Here it is.

Sure! Here it is.

Hmmm....

Naturally, it works fine for us!

Lets try something else: make a ZIP of the entire 'DI Module' folder, and attach it to a reply.

Again, thanks in advance!

I went ahead and sent the

I went ahead and sent the environment just in case it helps!

module zip

module zip

Perfect!

Perfect, thanks!

We'll check it out and let you know as soon as we figure out what's going on.

Ok.

Ok there seems to be a conflict with the file 'P1-16ND3.SKYCADFILE'  

Is it possible it might have been copied from the 'P2-16ND3-1.SkyCadFile' file and manually renamed?  That would explain it.

Let us know if that makes sense.

 

That is exactly what I did! I

That is exactly what I did! I copied from that part and modified it. How do I do this intention properly going forward?

Use 'Save As...'

How do I do this intention properly going forward?

Basically make sure the part is selected (or opened from the Catalogue tools) and apply a 'Save As...'

Let us know if it works out better.

I had used the Save As in the

I had used the Save As in the past on this problem with no luck.

What I did do though using Save As was change the part number when hitting "Save As" instead of overwriting the existing skycad file with the part number. No worries though, that is an easy workaround, just deleted the borked version and renamed the new one afterwards.

 

Thanks for the help!

Hmmm....

I had used the Save As in the past on this problem with no luck.

That's strange.  Normally when changing the part-number and hitting 'Save' or 'Save As...' should have the same effect as hitting 'Save As...' and then changing the file name afterward.

Anyway.  As long as you have a method that works out.